It’s the return of Australia’s First Families of Wine!!
10 iconic wineries who shaped Australian wines. Yalumba / Henschke / d’Arenberg / Tahbilk / McWilliams / De Bortoli / Tyrrel’s / Brown Brothers / Howard Park / Wakefield
Australia’s First Families of Wine
10 multi-generational wine families unlocked rare and revered wines from their private cellars to showcase Australia’s rich wine heritage, modern diversity, and the celebrated wine stories that have become the foundation for future generations. Get a sneak preview of a limited number of wines that are being released from each winery at BC Liquor Stores.
Through these exclusive interviews, you will have the rare chance to meet the people behind the wines. Family members from each winery will share wines that provide a glimpse into the past, present and future of Australia’s most iconic winemaking families.
And they are all great storytellers..with outstanding stories to tell.
Their message is all about the farms and rich soils that they work, the quality of the wines they craft and the pride they have in their history and how it has shaped who they are and what they stand for.
Together, they are the custodians of over 5000 hectares of land that includes some of Australia’s most iconic vineyards, creating premium quality wines that proudly bear their names.
Australia’s First Families:
(and the years they first planted)
- Yalumba (1849) – Robert Hill Smith www.yalumba.com
• Tyrrell’s Wines (1858) – Bruce Tyrrell https://www.tyrrells.com.au
• Tahbilk (1860) – Alister Purbrick www.tahbilk.com.au
• Henschke (1868) – Stephen Henschke https://henschke.com.au
• McWilliam’s Wines (1877) – Scott McWilliam www.mcwilliamswine.com
• Brown Brothers (1885) – Ross Brown www.brownbrothers.com.au
• d’Arenberg (1912) – Chester Osborn www.darenberg.com.au
• De Bortoli Wines (1928) – Darren DeBortoli www.debortoli.com.au
• Taylors (1969) & Wakefield – Justin Taylor www.wakefieldwines.com
• Howard Park (1986) – Jeff and Amy Burch https://www.burchfamilywines.com.au
STORIES WE’RE WORKING ON
Tasting Room Radio will return to the airwaves Saturday October 17th at 10am
On Vancouver’s Newest FM station Roundhouse Radio 98.3
Kurtis Kolt – Wine Consultant – Sommelier of the Year 2010
Rhys Pender Master of Wine. Winemaker Little Farm (Similkameen)
DJ Kearney – Wine Expert
In the coming weeks:
Singer/Songwriter Royal Wood partners with Therapy Vineyards
The Garagiste Wineries of BC
John Clerides – Marquis Wine Cellars
DK Kearney, Kurtis Kolt
Judgement of BC
Top Drop Vancouver Terroir and Craft